The Arts and Culture Committee is the newest Town committee and is chaired by Laura C. Mellusi. Through this committee the Town of Scottsville sponsors:
- Scottsville Second Saturdays – Monthly art displays and seasonal specials in local businesses.
- Jammin’ on the James – An outdoor music series planned from June to September, 2018.
- Annual Batteau Festival – An outdoor music and vendor fair to celebrate the halfway point in a week-long float of historic James River commerce boats from Lynchburg to Richmond.
- Pollinator Festival – June 23, 2018
- River Town Fest: – Scottsville Community Health and History Day – September 8, 2018.
- Christmas Tree Lighting – November 24, 2018 – The beginning of the holiday season in downtown Scottsville.
- Festival of Lights (Chamber of Commerce) – Local businesses and community groups decorate and display trees.
Business partners add to the energy of events by selling their foods, crafts and other goods as vendors. Contact the Town office for information. 434-286-9267.
How to find out about events and activities:
“Scottsville Happenings” email by contacting the Chamber.
“Scottsville Events & Festivals” FaceBook Page: