The Town of Scottsville seeks interested applicants for the contract position of Farmers’ Market Manager. Anticipated duties and compensation are outlined below. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434.286.9267 for more information.
MARKET MANAGER DUTIES
- Arrange for all vendors (individuals and groups) to participate in the Scottsville Farmers’ Market.
- Oversee the site management of the Market Grounds, informing the Town Administrator of any maintenance problems in a timely manner.
- Advise Town Office staff of the need to purchase supplies, equipment, and services to run the Farmers’ Market, with knowledge of funds available.
- Serve as the Farmers’ Market Spokesperson and the point of contact for all interested parties.
- Responsible for all advertising and shall provide Town Administrator with an advertising strategy.
- Keep notebook with vendors’ names, information, and attendance.
- Collect Farmers’ Market vendor fees from each vendor, which shall be used by the Farmers’ Market to pay expenses with the goal of self-sustainability.
- Provide Town with weekly deposits and Market Fee information.
- Maintain Farmers’ Market social media page(s).
- Oversee SNAP/EBT program.
- Organize and oversee vendor meetings, as needed.
- $90 per market week [typically April through October]
- $25 per meeting, for pre-season vendor meetings