Join us in celebrating Scottsville–Past and Present. Visitors can explore the beginnings our town by visiting the Museum and the Canal Basin Square–an outdoor museum celebrating the Batteau period of our history. Walk to Valley Street to investigate our future. From the remodeled “Jail” now the Visitors’ Center, to Victory Hall Theater–Home of the Victory Hall Players and The Scottsville Center for Arts and Nature, cross the parking lot to “Focus” a gallery for three local artists. Check out the levee system from Scottsville Lake in the Van Clief Nature Area to the meandering of the Mink Creek–notorious for flooding the town–to the James River. This is just a beginning sampling of our Town!
The Arts and Culture Committee is the newest Town committee and is chaired by Nancy Gill. Through this committee the Town of Scottsville sponsors:
- Scottsville Second Saturdays – April – December 2016 – Monthly art display in local businesses.
- Jammin’ on the James – June 11, July 4, August 13, and September 10 – Outdoor music celebration.
- 31st Annual Batteau Festival – June 22 – Music and vendor fair to celebrate the halfway point in a week-long float of historic James River commerce boats from Lynchburg to Richmond.
- Community Day – September 10 – Celebrate community with your neighbors.
- Christmas Tree Lighting – November 26 – The beginning of the holiday season in downtown Scottsville.
- Festival of Lights (with Chamber of Commerce) – December TBA – Local businesses and community groups decorate and display trees.
Business partners add to the energy of events by selling their foods, crafts and other goods as vendors. Vendor applications are now available for 2016 events.
How to find out about events and activities:
“Scottsville Happenings” email by contacting the Chamber.
“Scottsville Events & Festivals” FaceBook Page: