Join us in celebrating Scottsville–Past and Present. Visitors can explore the beginnings our town by visiting the Museum and the Canal Basin Square–an outdoor museum celebrating the Batteau period of our history. Walk to Valley Street to investigate our future. From the remodeled “Jail” now the Visitors’ Center, to Victory Hall Theater–Home of the Victory Hall Players and The Scottsville Center for Arts and Nature, cross the parking lot to “Focus” a gallery for three local artists. Check out the levee system from Scottsville Lake in the Van Clief Nature Area to the meandering of the Mink Creek–notorious for flooding the town–to the James River. This is just a beginning sampling of our Town!
The Arts and Culture Committee is the newest Town committee and is chaired by Laura C. Mellusi. Through this committee the Town of Scottsville sponsors:
- Scottsville Second Saturdays – April – December 2016 – Monthly art display in local businesses.
- Jammin’ on the James – We have suspended this music series for the 2017 season.
- 32nd Annual Batteau Festival – June 21 – Music and vendor fair to celebrate the halfway point in a week-long float of historic James River commerce boats from Lynchburg to Richmond.
- Pollinator Festival – June 24, 2017
- Community Day – Date to be determined.
- Christmas Tree Lighting – November 25 – The beginning of the holiday season in downtown Scottsville.
- Festival of Lights (Chamber of Commerce) – December TBA – Local businesses and community groups decorate and display trees.
Business partners add to the energy of events by selling their foods, crafts and other goods as vendors. Contact the Town office for information. 434-286-9267.
How to find out about events and activities:
“Scottsville Happenings” email by contacting the Chamber.
“Scottsville Events & Festivals” FaceBook Page: